Monday, January 01, 2007

What Will The New Year Bring?

I'm not one for making resolutions? I think that is a bunch of crock. Why wait till the start of another year to make changes? Change in life as you go. Procrastination is for cowards. That's such a paradox because I am a big coward.

I've pretty much had myself in a shell for the past 3 years. Putting up the proverbial wall around me to protect myself from being hurt by people who take advantage of me, use me, hurt me. I'm so sick of it and wish that I could go out and be myself again. I used to be a very fun person, totally cool, wonderful to be around, the life of the party, always making everyone smile. Then, the series of bad experiences with men and friends have just made me realize that you can count on no one but yourself. No one else really gives a shit about you unless you can do something for them or give them something. I've long since realized the users of this world. Unfortunately, they seem to be in much more abundance that genuine people who care about you.

So, for 2007, fuck resolutions. All I can say is that I'm going to try to live a little bit more and try very very hard to come out of the shell I'm in. I'm 98% sure I will not succeed at this because I just can't get hurt again. If I do, it will be the destruction of me and my soul and I don't want that at all.

To anyone who reads here, not sure what your life philosophy is but if you do make resolutions for 2007, I hope you'll be able to live up to the committment you will make to yourself.

Happy New Year everyone.

5 comments:

Teenage Perfectionist said...

Hey what a gwaan? happy 2007 girl. yuh nuh easy a tall, mi c u pon adrian site a tell di bwoy sey him cute.lol. thats sweet. yow yuh want try a ting since u single and him single. keep mi updated hot girl. yuh too hot.lol.

CrazySexyCool said...

Well, he is and I always tell it like it is ... we'll see what happens :)

Happy New Year to you too. All the best for 2007.

Adrian said...

Happy new year to y'all too!

Interesting place to have a discussion about me, good thing I found it.. keep me in to loop too :p

Anonymous said...

It sounds cliche, but u really do have to keep positive thoughts. The mind is a powerful machine. Then again it is easier said than done.

Anonymous said...

Yes, aren't you allowing others to dictate who YOU are?

I know it's easier said than done. I guess it's natural to go into a shell after you've been hurt.

I hope 2007 will be one where YOU will come back out.