Friday, December 15, 2006

Why?

Just when I think I see a silver lining behind the cloud of my life, just when I think I see the sun coming over the horizon to give me the warmth I've been looking for, just when it rains and cleanses the air, the earth and my soul, it gets bad again.

I met a guy on Tuesday when I went to have lunch. He seems so great. He's polite, very gentlemanly, cute, not overly attractive but can go out with, in a fairly good job, has his own car, and is going to school. He was about 3 spaces in front of the line of me waiting to pay for his food. When we go to collect, it turns out we both bought the same thing to eat. I notice he's looking at my plate as I order (somehow I ended up getting served before him). He then says, "How come you're getting through before me, I know you were behind me in the line". I replied saying I'm not sure but I am so ... deal with it. He wasn't angry or anything, but he just said he wonders how much more we have in common since we both ordered the same thing. I don't think it was that special but there were about 12 things on the menu so considering we both had 11 other things to choose from, I guess it was kind of a coincidence.

So we get to talking. He works with a government agency. He likes me, he invited me out with him. Then ... the revelation. I ask my routine questions, one of which is "Are you with anyone right now?"

His answer was yes.

My next question was then why do you want to go out with me. He wants to be friends. I asked aren't you friends with your girlfriend? Why don't you go out with her? Of course he goes into this monologue about his girlfriend, their relationship and why he wants to go out with me. I wasn't buying any of it cause at no time did he say they were having problems. I think guys usually look out when things are not going well in the relationship with their girl. Am I right? Not that if he was having problems with her that it would make it right but I usually listen out for that.

Why do guys cheat? I mean, I know I just met the guy, but I will not be getting involved with him. I don't want any woman to be calling me telling me to leave their man. I don't want a man who can't spend time with me because he has to go home to his girlfriend/wife. I've been down that road and don't want to go back there again. He's nice and all but if we continue, I'll want more that he will not be able to give and I'll be sad all over again.

Are there any men who remain faithful anymore? I'm just so sick of men.

2 comments:

your other personality said...

Men cheat to prove a point to themselves. They are weak and stupid, they never learn. I think most of all they like DRAMA. They like to be in the middle of things and 1 is never good enough. TO ALL THE MEN OUT THERE GROW THE HELL UP. FIND OUT WHAT U WANT B4 U TRY TO BE WITH SOMEONE.

CrazySexyCool said...

Could not have said it better myself.